Sightseeing Songwat Road, the old Chinese commercial area
Songwat road has been an important street among merchant since King Rama V era. The buildings decorated with stucco in floral, fruit motif on both sides of street were considered as the early row building in Bangkok along the river bank.
Why this trip?
* Unique experience * Preventing from overcharged price * Private trip * Accompanied by local expert * Enjoy walking trip, foods and/or drinks liked local people
Things to prepare for the trip
Comfy walking shoes Hat Sunglasses Dress code to wear when visits temple - Top, any shirt covers your shoulders - a shirt, blouse or polo is fine, but not tank top. - Bottom, wear longer shorts, capris, pants/trousers, a knee-length-or-longer skirt.
Meet up at our meeting point
- MRT Station (Hua Lamphong)
- Railway Station (Hua Lamphong Railway Station)
- Walk to Trimitr Temple, visit and pay respect to the statue of golden Buddha.
- Visit China Gate
- Visit Samphanthawongsaram Worawihan Temple (Wat Ko) - the old big temple
- Samphanthawong community museum (closed on weekend and public holiday and will be replaced by shopping in Sampeng Lane Market at the end of the trip before the time ended.)
- Walk to Songwad Road - the old Chinese commercial area along river bank in the past
- Visit Luang Kocha Mosque
- Try Nuury Icecream - a famous and delicious ice cream topping with icechestnuts (if open)
- visit Lao Pun Tao Kong Shrine
- Pei-ing School
Time to say goodbye.
- Hua Lamphong
- Hua Lamphong Railway Station