Songwad Road has been integral among the merchants since King Rama V's reign. The buildings that decorated with floral, fruit motif tiles on both sides of the road were considered as the pioneering buildings in Bangkok along the river bank.
History & Culture
Meet up at our meeting point
- MRT Station (Hua Lamphong)
- Railway Station (Hua Lamphong Railway Station)
- Start off by walking to Wat Traimit Temple. We'll visit and pay homage to the statue of The Golden Buddha.
- Next, we'll visit the Chinatown Gate!
- Visit Samphanthawong Saram Worawihan Temple (Wat Ko)
- Next, head to Samphanthawong Museum in Chinatown. (Closed on weekends and public holidays, and will be replaced by a shopping mall) Here, you will learn the history of the Thai-Chinese culture!
- Walk to Songwad Road, an old Chinese commercial area along the riverbank in the past
- Visit Luang Kocha Mosque
- Try coconut Ice-cream - a famous and delicious ice cream with peanuts (if opened)
- Visit Lao Pun Tao Kong Shrine and Pei-ing School
End of the trip! Time to say goodbye :(
Transportation fares are included.
Admission fees are included.
Meals are included.
More details about price conditions
Why this trip?
* Unique experience
* Preventing from overcharged price
* Private trip
* Accompanied by local expert
* Enjoy walking trip, foods and/or drinks liked local people
Things to prepare for the trip
Comfy walking shoes
Dress code to wear when visits temple
- Top, any shirt covers your shoulders - a shirt, blouse or polo is fine, but not tank top.
- Bottom, wear longer shorts, capris, pants/trousers, a knee-length-or-longer skirt.
- Hua Lamphong
- Hua Lamphong Railway Station