How and what TakeMeTour (“TMT”) collects in terms of personal data by using our website. By visiting our website you agree to have this information being collected, used and processed by us.
Scope of Terms
Collection of Information
- We may collect Personal Data about you that you provide to us while using the Website and, if applicable, information about how you use the Website. TakeMeTour collects information from you at several different points on the Website, including when you create an Account, make inquiries about our products and services, contact us for support, to explore career opportunities with us, or when you make reservations for any intended Experiences.
- In addition, as part of the Services, we may collect and process and/or require you to submit or provide certain data (which maybe non-personally identifiable information but nevertheless linked to your Personal Data) including but not limited to those set out below, and you hereby consent to the collection and processing of such data:
- A copy of any correspondence (whether by e-mail, instant or personal messaging or otherwise) between us and you, and between Users (for instance, a Traveler and a Local Expert)
- Details of your usage of this Website (including traffic data, location data, and length of user sessions).
- Feedback on and responses to surveys conducted by TakeMeTour relating to the Services and newsletters which may be published, circulated or distributed by TakeMeTour.
- Information derived from cookies, save where you disable cookies or otherwise manage them, or do not use the Website in a way which requires cookies to be enabled. A cookie is a small, encrypted text file containing some information about your preferences and allows your users to be tracked.
- Information gathered by our or authorized third parties’ computer systems by use or access to the Website (including the login name and password for your Account, your computer’s IP address, browser type, browser information, pages visited, previous or subsequent sites visited
Storage of Information
- TakeMeTour is the owner of all the Personal Data collected on the Website or via the reservations made for Experience. The Personal Data and other data we collect from you may be transferred to, processed, and stored by TakeMeTour in Thailand.
- Personal Information may be stored and processed by us in any country where we have facilities or where we engage service providers, and by reading this Policy visitors acknowledge that visitor’s Personal Information may be transferred to countries outside of country of residence, including Thailand which may have different data protection rules to those of visitors country. Where we do so, our collection, storage and use of Personal Information will be in accordance with the purposes set out in this Policy.
Usage of Information
- TakeMeTour will not sell or rent any Personal Data to third parties.
- TakeMeTour will use Personal Data and other data collected through the Websites or when making purchased for Local Experiences to create your Account, to provide you with the Services, to continually improve the Website and the Services, and to contact you in relation to the Services. The purpose of using your Personal Data or such other data is to achieve faster purchase requests, better customer support and timely notice of new services and special offers. From time to time, we may also make use of your Personal Data to contact you for feedback on your use of the Website, to assist us in improving the Website, or to offer special savings or promotions to you, where you have indicated your consent to receiving such communications. If you would prefer not to receive of special savings or promotions, you may simply opt-out from receiving them by replying to us through the hyperlink provided in these notices.
- We may from time to time share and disclose your Personal Data and other data to third parties, some of whom may be located outside your home country. The circumstances under which such sharing and disclosure will take place may include without limitation, the following:
- If you are a Guest, to the relevant Local Expert in connection with an Experience which you have made reservations for or intend to make reservations for. If you are a Local Expert, to any Guest in connection with the Experience(s) you are offering.
- To third parties (including Google Analytics) which we engage for the performance of certain services on our behalf, such as web hosting services, data analysis, marketing, market research, and to otherwise provide you with customer service.
- If and to the extent required by any applicable lax, orders of court or requests by any governmental authority to make such disclosure.
- To effect a corporate transaction, in connection with the sale, merger, acquisition, or other corporate reorganization or restructuring of our corporation, where your Personal Data may be disclosed, shared or transferred to the new controlling entity or other such authorized third party in the regular course of business.
- To protect the rights and property of TakeMeTour.
- In any other case, with your prior written consent.
- TakeMeTour may from time to time engage in collaborations, joint ventures or other activities with one or more business partners. You acknowledge and consent to TakeMeTour disclosing your Personal Data and other data to such business partners for their use both on our behalf and for their own business purposes. For example, our business partners may use such Personal Data to send you information about their products, services, other information, and materials that may be of interest to you.
- Carry out other legitimate business purposes, as well as other lawful purposes about which we will notify our users, visitors, and customers.
We may share and disclose Personal Information to third parties in the following circumstances:
- Within the TMT Marketplace Ltd. group for the purpose outlined in this Policy
- To vendors and other third-party service providers who require access to Personal Information to assist in the provision of the Website, products and services, and other business-related functions such as website analytics providers or our third-party advertisement partners. These vendors and third-party service providers are limited to only accessing or using this data to provide services to us and must provide reasonable assurances they will appropriately safeguard the date.
- We may also disclose visits information to third-parties:
- where required by law or regulatory requirement, court order or other judicial authorization
- In response to lawful requested by public authorities including for the purposes of meeting national security and law enforcement requirements
- In connection with the sale, transfer, merger, bankruptcy, restructuring or other reorganization of a business
- To protect or defend our rights interests or property, or that of third parties
- To investigate any wrongdoing in connection with the Website or service
- To protect the vital interests of an individual.
- We may also share Personal Information collected through the Website with third party companies so that they may offer products and service that we believe will be of interest to visitors. We may also share Personal Information with third party advertising-serving companies to better target the adverts and other content displayed on Website and to provide offers we think may be interests of visitors. Visitors may opt-out of disclosure of visitor’s information to third parties for direct marketing purposes - see the Choice and Opt-Out section below. In addition, third party advertisers may receive certain Personal Information about visitors if visitors do not wish these third parties to process visitors’ Personal Information, they are advised to not click on these adverts.
Choices and Opt-Outs
Visitors can opt out of receiving marketing emails from us at any time or opt out from having visitor contact information shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. Visitors can opt out of our marketing emails by clicking the ‘unsubscribe’ link at the bottom of our marketing messages.
Also, all opt-out request can be made by submitting to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. It may take 30 days to remove the contact information from our marketing communications lists, so visitors may receive correspondence from us for a short time after visitors make a request.
Please be informed that some communications (such as service messages, account notifications, billing information) are considered transactional and necessary for account management and visitors cannot opt out of these messages unless visitors request to deactivate their account.
Other data rights
TakeMeTour takes reasonable steps to ensure that the data we collect is reliable for its intended use, accurate, complete and up to date. Visitors can email us at email@example.com if they wish to access, correct, amend or delete any Personal Information that we hold about visitors and we will consider their request in accordance with applicable laws.
Visitors from certain territories (such as the European Union) may have additional rights under their data protection laws, such as the following:
- Access: the right to request access to and a copy of their Personal Information
- Correction: certain circumstances.
- Withdrawal of consent: visitors have right to decline consent and/or if provided, to withdraw it at any time. This will not affect the lawfulness of processing prior to the withdrawal of their consent.
Your written request should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Personal Information Request Forms
Personal Information Request Forms TMT Marketplace Ltd aims to comply with the requirements of the Personal Data Protection Act (PDPA). We will respond within 30 business days upon your request. Thank you for your understanding
Data access request form
To submit a request for access to your personal information, please download and complete this request form. If you are a TakeMeTour account member, you might log in to the website to view your personal information
Data correction request form
If you are a TakeMeTour member, you might log in to the website to edit your personal data.
General consent withdrawal request form
To withdraw consent to the collection, use and disclosure of your personal data, and/or terminate an account, please download and complete this request form.
To submit a complaint or grievance regarding how we are handling your personal information or about how we can complying with the PDPA, please download and complete this complains form.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is stored securely. You have the right to request access to, to request a copy of and to request to update or correct your personal data held by us. You have to right at any time to request us to limit the processing and use of your personal data. (for example, requesting us to stop sending you any marketing and promotional materials or contacting you for marketing purposes.